1. Climate change is caused by human activities such as burning fossil fuels, deforestation, and industrial processes that release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
2. Greenhouse gases trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere, causing the planet to warm up. This warming effect is known as the greenhouse effect.
3. The burning of fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and gas is the main source of greenhouse gas emissions. These emissions have increased dramatically since the Industrial Revolution.
4. Deforestation also contributes to climate change by reducing the number of trees that absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
5. Climate change is already having significant impacts on the planet, including rising sea levels, more frequent and severe weather events, and changes in ecosystems and wildlife habitats.