1. Where did the little boy in the story come from?
Answer: The little boy in the story came from Africa.
2. What did Bert turn the old chair into?
Answer: Bert turned the old chair into a lion.
3. Why couldn't Bert take the lion with him when he emigrated to England?
Answer: Bert couldn't take the lion with him when he emigrated to England because it was too bulky to fit on the boat.
4. What kind of food did the little boy make for the butterfly lion?
Answer: The little boy made semolina pudding for the butterfly lion.
5. How does the tear stained butterfly lion come back to Bert in the end?
Answer: The tear stained butterfly lion comes back to Bert in the end after being rescued from the barn by an old man.