Create 10 comprehension questions on Chapters 1-4 for James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. Include retrieval, inference, prediction and summarising questions. Please provide answers. Make questions suitable for a Primary 6 class.
1. How did James manage to escape from the rhinoceros at the end of Chapter 4?
A: He was saved when the old man threw a bag of stones at the rhinoceros, causing it to run away.
2. What wish did James make when he saw the peach stone after being outside the greengrocer's shop?
A: He wished that he could have something to fill the emptiness inside of him.
3. What did the old man give James as a gift before he left the greengrocer's shop?
A: He gave James a sack of special magical green-coloured crystals.
4. Who was the lady that James lived with in the beginning of the story?
A: James lived with his two aunts, Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker.
5. What were the names of the eight life-sized insects that were inside the giant peach?
A: The eight life-sized insects inside the giant peach were called the Centipede, the Earthworm, the Spider, the Miss Spider, the Grasshopper, the Old-Green-Grasshopper, the Ladybird and the Glowworm.
6. What kind of journey did James and the insects go on together?
A: James and the insects went on an adventurous journey across the ocean in the giant peach.
7. What mesmerizing sight did the Earthworm discover when the Centipede made a hole in the peach?
A: The Earthworm discovered a tunnel filled with hundreds of shining, golden fruits that had been secreted away by a bee-like creature.
8. What did James have to do to protect himself when the rhinoceros appeared at the end of Chapter 4?
A: James had to run away as quickly as he could and hide in the giant peach.
9. Predict what will happen in the next chapter.
A: In the next chapter, James and the insects will use the giant peach to escape from the rhinoceros and continue their journey.
10. How might the ending of this book be different if James was never given the magical green-coloured crystals from the old man?
A: If James was never given the magical green-coloured crystals from the old man, he wouldn't have been able to make the giant peach grow, and so he and the insects would not have been able to go on the adventurous journey together.