1. What is the main theme of the book Warrior’s Don’t Cry?
2. How does the narrative of Warrior’s Don’t Cry shape the reader’s view of desegregation?
3. How does the juxtaposition between Little Rock Central High School and Alfred F. Smith serve as a battleground for racial equality?
4. How does Melba’s faith help her during the struggle of desegregation?
5. What significance does the title of the book, Warrior’s Don’t Cry, have in the novel?
6. How does author Melba Pattillo Beals use language to create atmosphere in Warrior’s Don’t Cry?
7. How does the hate and racism encountered by the Little Rock Nine lead to a new realization in Melba’s life?
8. What did Melba Pattillo Beals gain from speaking out against racism and bigotry?
9. Describe the changes in Melba Pattillo Beals between the beginning and end of Warrior’s Don’t Cry?
10. What are the main events that take place in Warrior’s Don’t Cry?
11. What is the impact of Melba’s friendship with Louise on their struggle at Little Rock Central High School?
12. What role did the media play in the battle between the Little Rock Nine and their opponents?
13. How did Melba Pattillo Beals’s experiences reflect the views of oppression from the 1950s?
14. What lessons does the reader gain from Warrior’s Don’t Cry?
15. What are some of the major decisions that Melba takes throughout the book?