1. A shop has a 20% sale. If a customer spends £200 in this shop, how much would they save?
2. A room is filled with people at a ratio of 3:5. What percentage of the people in the room are males?
3. In a survey of 1000 people, 800 said they support a particular policy. What percentage of the people surveyed agreed with the policy?
4. A student scored 75% in their mathematics exam. What was their mark out of 100?
5. A toy costs £20. If it is discounted by 25%, what is the new price?
6. If a book costs £20, how much would it be with a 10% discount?
7. If a shop has sold 12 bicycles from a total of 50, what percentage of bicycles were sold?
8. If a pizza is cut into 8 slices, how many slices constitute 25% of the pizza?
9. A garden is 30 metres long and 15 metres wide. What percentage of the garden is taken up by a 15 metre square lawn?
10. If a table has 5 chairs and 3 stools, what percentage of seats in the room are stools?
11. If a book has 400 pages, what percentage of the book is 100 pages?
12. A competency test was set with 50 questions. A student answered 40 correctly. What was their percentage score?
13. If a shop increases the price of a toy by 20%, what will be the new price?
14. A retailer sold 250 items in 50 days. How many items did they sell per day on average?
15. If there are 10 people in a class and 5 are boys, what percentage of the class are boys?