1. When did James I become the king of England?
2. What religion did King James I believe in?
3. Who did James I succeed as King of England?
4. Where did James I live while he was King of England?
Palace of Whitehall
5. What year did James I die?
6. Who was James I's son?
7. What did Charles I succeed as King of England?
8. What did Charles I do to gain authority against Parliament?
9. In what year did Charles I dissolve Parliament?
10. When did the English Civil War begin?
11. Who led the parliamentary forces against Charles I?
12. Who led the royalist forces loyal to Charles I?
13. When was Charles I beheaded?
14. What year did Charles I sign the Treaty of Uxbridge?
15. What was the title given to Charles I at his coronation?
King of Great Britain
16. What was the name of Charles I's other wife?
17. Where did Charles I flee to during the English Civil War?
18. When did Charles I issue the Edict of Restitution?
19. What year did Charles I sign the Treaty of Berwick?
20. Who wrote the National Covenant of Scotland, resisting Charles I and the Church of England?
21. What was Charles I's proclamation known as which declared the dissolution of Parliament?
The Petition of Right
22. What year did Charles I sign the Covenant with the Scots?
23. Who tried to assasinate Charles I in the Palace of Westminster?
24. What year did Charles I lose the Battle of Edgehill?
25. Who won the English Civil War?
26. When did Charles I surrender to the Scots at Newark?
27. Who was the leader of the army which took Charles I into captivity?
28. What year did Charles I abdicate the throne?
29. Who was appointed as the Lord Protector of England during the Commonwealth period?
30. When was the Triennial Act approved by Parliament, reducing Charles I's authority?
31. What date was Charles I's trial for high treason?
20th January 1649
32. Who acted as prosecutor for Charles I's trial?