1. What simile does the author use to describe the giant?
"The giant was like a mountain, standing tall and dark against the night sky."
2. What metaphor does the author use to describe the street lamps?
"The street lamps were like faint stars in the darkness."
3. What sound did Sophie hear coming from outside her window?
Sophie heard a low, rumbling snore coming from outside her window.
4. Who does Sophie plan to tell about the giant?
Sophie plans to tell the Queen about the giant.
5. How does Sophie feel when she first sees the giant?
Sophie feels scared and excited when she first sees the giant.