create 5 different word problems that require multiplying two mixed number fractions. Provide answer. Questions based on different careers
1. A tailor needs to make a dress with 8 2/3 yards of fabric. If each bridesmaid needs a dress composed of 1 1/4 yards of fabric, how many bridesmaids can the tailor make a dress for?
Answer: The tailor can make a dress for 7 bridesmaids.
2. A chef needs to bake a cake using 5 4/5 cups of flour. If each cupcake requires 1/3 cup of flour, how many cupcakes can the chef make?
Answer: The chef can make 17 cupcakes.
3. An interior designer is creating a wallpaper design that requires 5 1/4 rolls of wall paper. If each room requires 1 1/2 rolls, how many rooms can the interior designer cover with the wallpaper?
Answer: The interior designer can cover 3 rooms with the wallpaper.
4. A carpenter is making a bookcase that requires 8 7/8 boards of wood. If each shelf has 4/5 of a board, how many shelves can the carpenter make?
Answer: The carpenter can make 17 shelves.
5. A plumber needs to install 1 1/8 pipes for a house. If each pipe requires 2/3 lengths of pipe, how many lengths of pipe does the plumber need?
Answer: The plumber needs 3 lengths of pipe.