International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8th every year to recognize the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. It is a day to celebrate women's progress and to raise awareness about the challenges that women still face in achieving gender equality. In this lesson, we will explore the history of IWD, the importance of gender equality, and the role of women in society.
1. History of International Women's Day
2. Importance of Gender Equality
3. Women's Role in Society
1. What is International Women's Day?
2. Why is gender equality important?
3. What are some of the challenges that women face in achieving gender equality?
4. What is the role of women in society?
Students will be assessed through a group discussion and a written reflection on the importance of gender equality and the role of women in society.
For students who need additional support, they can work in pairs or small groups to discuss the questions and share their ideas. For students who need a challenge, they can research and present on a specific topic related to gender equality and women's rights.
In conclusion, International Women's Day is a day to celebrate women's achievements and to raise awareness about the challenges that women still face in achieving gender equality. It is important to recognize the role of women in society and to work towards creating a more equal and just world for all.
1. History of International Women's Day video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZKvJkbJkLk
2. Gender Equality worksheet: https://www.teachervision.com/gender-equality/gender-equality-worksheets
3. Women's Role in Society video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZKvJkbJkLk