Welcome to AWS re/Start! Today we will be learning about Amazon Web Services (AWS) and why developers use it. AWS is a cloud computing platform that allows developers to build, deploy, and scale applications quickly and securely. We will also be discussing the different services that AWS offers and how you can use them to build your own applications.
- Introduction to AWS and cloud computing
• Overview of AWS services
• Build a serverless web application
• Integrate a storage service with the application
• Connect a database service to the application
- What is the definition of cloud computing?
- What are the different services offered by AWS?
- How can developers use AWS to build, deploy, and scale their applications?
- Assess student’s understanding with a quick quiz on AWS services
- Have students pair up to create a simple serverless application using AWS
- Have students document their process and share with the class
- Have students evaluate each other’s work
- Provide students with extra help and material for those who need it
- Allow students to use their own development environment
- Allow students to adjust the lesson to their needs
Discuss student’s application and have them pinpoint where AWS services have been used throughout the application.
- Video Tutorials:
- AWS Tutorial for Beginners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-1CZps7zo
- How to use AWS Lambda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANwNbbv6gik
- AWS Service Overview: https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/tutorials/services/
- Quick Quiz on AWS Services: https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/tutorials/services/
- Serverless Application Development: https://aws.amazon.com/serverless/