Learners will be able to design incorporating augmented reality into an app concept.
At the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to:
1. Explain the concepts and benefits of augmented reality.
2. Identify suitable applications for augmented reality.
3. Recognize the different advantages and drawbacks of incorporating augmented reality in an app concept.
4. Create a simple augmented reality app concept with a user-friendly, intuitive interface.
- Computers or tablets with internet
- Printed handouts
Time: 90 minutes
1. Introductory Activity (5 minutes):
- Introduction - Teacher introduces the lesson, discussing the concept and benefits of augmented reality (AR).
2. Main Activity (50 minutes):
- Brainstorming - Learners brainstorm ideas for applications that could use AR technology.
- Small Groups - Learners work in small groups to come up with a user-friendly and intuitive app concept incorporating augmented reality.
- Presentations - Learners present their app concept to the class, discussing the main features, advantages and drawbacks of the concept.
3. Follow-up Activity (25 minutes):
- Exercise - Teacher guides learners through an interactive exercise where they develop an AR app prototype using a mobile app development platform.
- Reflection - Learners reflect on the activities and their experience developing the app.
4. Summary (10 minutes):
- Discussion - Learners discuss the key points and applications of augmented reality.
- Recap - Teacher recaps the main points of the lesson and encourages learners to explore different augmented reality applications.
- Observation - Teacher observes learners in small group discussions and during the prototyping exercise.
- Self-Assessment - Learners complete a self-assessment of their app concept at the end of the lesson.
- Peer Evaluation - Learners give feedback to other groups on their app concept presentations.