Welcome the students and explain what the lesson will be about. Engage the students by asking questions about artificial intelligence and how it might be used in daily life. Explain how topical the subject matter is, and how it is increasingly popular in all sectors.
1. Demonstrate an example of artificial intelligence with a simple task. Use a popular AI tool, such as Google’s AI assistant, to do a task such as search the internet or assisting with a problem they are stuck on.
2. Video lesson 1: Explain the concept of artificial intelligence and its different forms, including machine learning and deep learning (15 minutes).
3. Demonstrate artificial intelligence with a more complex task, such as recognizing and categorizing images. This could be done with a tool like TensorFlow which helps train machines to detect patterns. (15 minutes)
4. Video lesson 2: Explain more specialized aspects of artificial intelligence, such as natural language processing, robotics and autonomous vehicles. (15 minutes)
5. Worksheet exercise: Allow students to complete a worksheet to identify and analyze examples of artificial intelligence in action. This can be used to assess their understanding of the concepts covered in the videos. (20 minutes)
Throughout the lesson, use open-ended questions to engage the students and get them thinking critically about artificial intelligence. Ask them to explain how something works and how it is different from human cognition. This will help build up a deeper level of understanding.
Assess their understanding of the lesson by having them complete the worksheet exercise and reviewing their answers at the end of the lesson.
Provide extra support for those who need it by giving additional activities that cover the same content. For more advanced students, provide resources and opportunities to explore more in-depth topics related to artificial intelligence.
At the end of the lesson, review the different topics and how they are related to one another. Ask the students to explain what they have learned, and provide them with real-world examples of where artificial intelligence is used. Then, ask them to think of new ways that AI might be used in the future.