In today's society, social media plays a major role in our lives, both in terms of communication, entertainment, and personal expression. For teens and young adults, social media can be an empowering tool. It gives individuals the opportunity to share their thoughts and connect with others in meaningful ways, but it can also be a source of confusion and concern. In this lesson, we will explore the benefits and challenges of using social media in a responsible way.
1.The use of social media (definitions and examples)
2. Dispelling common misconceptions about social media
3. Benefits and risks of social media
4. How to use social media responsibly
• What do you think are the benefits of using social media?
• What do you think are the risks of using social media?
• How can we use social media responsibly?
Students will write a short essay or create a social media post to demonstrate their understanding of the benefits and risks of using social media in a responsible way.
For visual learners, use video resources such as TED Talks and explanatory videos to aid understanding of the topics discussed. For kinaesthetic learners, use worksheets and games to reinforce learning.
Discuss key topics and ask students to share their thoughts and opinions on using social media responsibly.
Worksheets and Games: