Social media has become an essential part of successful digital marketing strategies, so it's important to understand how to manage social media correctly. This lesson plan will provide an introduction to the basics of social media management, as well as some resources to help you learn more.
1. Overview - Introduce what social media management is and why it’s important for digital marketing.
2. Set Goals - Discuss how to set measurable goals that will help guide your social media management strategy.
3. Platforms & Content - Provide an overview of the different social media platforms and types of content you can use.
4. Audience - Explain the importance of understanding your target audience in order to tailor your approach.
5. Scheduling - Introduce scheduling techniques to ensure consistency with your content.
6. Analytics - Discuss the importance of tracking and measuring the performance of your social media accounts.
- What are the primary benefits of managing social media accounts?
- What strategies can you use to identify your target audience?
- How can you use analytics to track the performance of your social media posts?
At the end of the lesson, students should have an understanding of what social media management is and why it’s important, the different types of platforms and content you can use, strategies to identify your target audience, and techniques for scheduling and tracking the performance of your social media posts. A quiz, written or online, can be used to assess their understanding of the topics covered.
- Social Media Management: Basics and Best Practices - Video
- Social Media Management Worksheet