Welcome to the lesson on problem solving for MBA students. Working as part of a team and problem solving skills are an essential part of today's business world and during the lesson, you will learn some strategies to help you manage difficult situations and make the best use of your time.
1. Analyze the Situation: Review the problem, identify potential causes and gauge the relevance of the problem to your business objectives
2. Set Goals: Determine what outcome you would like to achieve and the steps you can take to make it happen
3. Brainstorm Alternatives: Gather ideas from the team on potential solutions
4. Research Solutions: Consider research, data analysis and evaluating different alternatives
5. Develop an Action Plan: Create a plan of action for selecting the best option
6. Monitor Progress and Evaluate Outcome: Track progress and assess the success of the solution
1. What is the goal of problem solving?
2. How can you assess the relevance of a problem to your business objectives?
3. What research and data analysis can help you to develop an action plan?
4. What are the benefits of evaluating different solutions?
5. How can you assess the success of the solution?
At the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
1. Explain the key steps of the problem solving process
2. Describe the importance of developing achievable goals
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of research and data analysis when selecting solutions
4. Explain the value of evaluating different solutions
-Khan Academy: Problem Solving Strategies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLESWTRgvY
-Harvard Business School: Problem Solving & Decision Making: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCETfSYv76E
-8-Step Problem solving Worksheet: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTPS_78.htm