Objective: To learn the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”
Materials: - Pencil
- Lyric Sheet
- Audio Recording of the Song
1. Explain to students the song “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
2. Pass out the Lyric Sheet to the students. Read the lyrics of the song together.
3. Point out the words that are missing from the lyrics. Ask students to fill in the missing words.
4. Have students practice singing the song along with you.
5. Play the audio recording of the song. Encourage students to clap or sing along.
6. Ask students to write down their favorite lines of the song.
7. Ask the students questions about the song such as, "What is the subject of the song", "What do you think the song is about"?
8. Discuss the meaning of the song.
9. At the end of the lesson, have students share their favorite lines from the song.
Have the students sing a round of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” together.
Observe the students as they sing to ensure they follow the correct melody and use the correct words.