1. What did Carrie feel when she was taken away from her home and to the Welsh countryside?
2. Why didn't Carrie remember her school in London?
3. Describe Mrs Gotobed's house.
4. Who were the people in the village?
5. Why did Carrie feel there was something strange about the village?
6. What warning did Carrie receive from her Uncle Stringer about Mrs Gotobed?
7. At the end of the chapter, what does he think or feel about being sent away from home?
8. What does Carrie think or feel about the Welsh countryside?
9. What were Carrie's first impressions of Bomb and Albert?
10. What did Albert mean when he said 'we'll give her a Welsh welcome'?