1. Through semi-annual one-on-one meetings, review the employee’s performance, successes, and areas for improvement. Ask the employee directly about any efforts they have made to innovate.
2. Establish team brainstorming sessions, idea sharing, and competitions to encourage new ideas.
3. Set individual goals for employees related to innovation and measure their progress against those goals.
4. Provide employees with recognition and rewards for successful innovations.
5. Monitor the progress and success of any new ideas or initiatives embraced by the employee.
6. Leverage peer feedback by encouraging employees to share their ideas with the team and allowing team members to provide constructive feedback.