Assessment Name: 2D and 3D Shapes Assessment
Objective: To assess students’ knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D) shapes.
Target Group: 9 year olds
1. What is the name of a shape with four sides and four angles?
2. How many lines of symmetry does a pentagon have?
3. Name three examples of 3D shapes.
4. What is the difference between a sphere and a cube?
5. How many vertices does a triangle have?
6. What is the name of a flat shape with six sides?
7. Name two properties of three dimensional shapes.
8. What is the name of a shape with three sides and three angles?
9. How many faces does a cylinder have?
10. What is the difference between a cone and a cylinder?