1. How does the author employ techniques such as suspenseful music, gradual reveals, and incomplete information to create a sense of tension throughout the play?
2. How does the protagonist's lack of knowledge about the conversation she has overheard add to her sense of fear and confusion?
3. What other specific elements does the author use to generate suspense?
4. Why are the characters and the setting so important to the effectiveness of building suspense in the play?
5. What is the impact of the use of telephone calls in this story on creating suspense?
6. How does the audience's knowledge of the events progressively increase as the play progresses?
7. What expectations do the characters have of each other and how do these anxieties contribute to the tension in the play?