Year 5 Early Islam Timeline Lesson
Objective: To provide students with a better understanding of the historical development of Early Islam
Materials: Timeline visual aid, pencils, paper
In this lesson, students will learn about the chronological history of Early Islam.
1. Begin the lesson by introducing the timeline visual aid to the students. Explain that it displays the events that took place during the period of Early Islam
2. Ask students to identify the beginning and end of the timeline. (From 570 CE – 632 CE)
3. Discuss major events that took place during these years. (examples: 570 CE – Birth of the Prophet Muhammad, 610 – Revelation of the Quran, 632 – Death of the Prophet Muhammad)
4. Ask students to draw a timeline on their own paper. Show them how to draw the timeline and label the major events.
5. Lead a discussion to review the timeline and answer any questions that the students may have.
6. Give a summary of the lesson and review the timeline with the students, making sure they understand the chronology of Early Islam.
7. For homework, ask the students to create their own timeline of Early Islam, making sure they include all the major events and their order.
8. End the lesson by reinforcing the importance of the chronological timeline of Early Islam’s history.