1. Students will be able to identify different English phonemes.
2. Students will be able to recognize and reproduce phonemes independently.
- flashcards with phonemes written on them
- audio recording of the target language phonemes
1. Introduction (5 minutes):
- Explain to the students that they are going to learn about the different English phonemes. Introduce the key terms such as phonemes and the vocabulary related to the lesson.
2. Presentation (10 minutes):
- Show the flashcards one at a time. Ask the students to repeat each phoneme after you.
- Play the audio recording of the target language phonemes. Ask the students to identify the different phonemes.
3. Practice (15 minutes):
- Divide the class into two groups. Each group will have a set of flashcards.
- Model how to complete the activity by asking an individual student to come up to the front of the class and read out one of the flashcards.
- Ask the class to repeat after the student.
- Then ask the students to find a partner and take turns reading the flashcards out loud.
4. Evaluation (5 minutes):
- Ask the students to write down 3 of the phonemes that they have learned.
- Ask the students to identify the phonemes from the audio recording that was played in the presentation section.
5. Conclusion (2 minutes):
- Remind the students of the key points that they learned. Reinforce the importance of being able to recognize and reproduce the different phonemes.