Learning Intention: Students will understand how energy stores and transfers between different forms
Time: 45 minutes
Material: Whiteboard, markers, student worksheets
1. Start the lesson with a recap of what energy is and the different forms it can take such as heat, light and electrical energy (5 minutes).
2. Introduce the concept of energy stores and transfers, explain why and how energy must be transferred from one form to another in order to be used (10 minutes).
3. Introduce energy conservation laws and the efficiency of energy transformations (5 minutes).
4. Divide the class into pairs and have them work on a practice worksheet to reinforce the lesson content (15 minutes).
5. Wrap up the lesson by having the students respond to a few review questions (10 minutes).
6. Ask the students to share their answers and review any mistakes (5 minutes).