Good morning/afternoon everyone, my name is _____ and today I am going to be talking to you about the differences between Japan and Scotland.
1. The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh, while the capital of Japan is Tokyo.
2. Scotland has an area of 78,772 square kilometres, while Japan has an area of 377,915 square kilometres.
3. Scotland is ruled by a constitutional monarchy, while Japan is ruled by an independent parliamentary democracy.
4. The native language of Scotland is Scots and English, while the native language of Japan is Japanese.
5. The currency of Scotland is the British Pound, while the currency of Japan is the Japanese Yen.
6. Scotland's population is 5.4 million people, while Japan's population is 125.7 million people.
7. Scotland is known for its whisky, while Japan is known for its sake.
8. Scotland has a temperate climate, while Japan has a subtropical climate.
9. Scotland has four distinct seasons, while Japan has six.
10. Scotland celebrates Robert Burns night annually in January, while Japan celebrates Setsubun—the start of Spring—annually in February.
11. Scotland is home to the Loch Ness Monster, while Japan is home to the Kappa.
12. Scotland has two official languages, while Japanese only has one.
13. Scotland's national dish is Haggis, while Japan's national dish is Sushi.
14. Scotland's national flower is the thistle, while Japan's national flower is the chrysanthemum.
15. Scotland has a very strong Christian presence, while Japan is predominantly non-religious.
16. Scotland's national animal is the unicorn, while Japan's national animal is the green pheasant.
17. Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom, while Japan is an independent nation.
18. Scotland's biggest export is whisky, while Japan's biggest export is cars.
19. Scotland has had a long history of traditional bagpiping, while Japan has a long history of traditional taiko drumming.
20. Scotland is home to Nessi the Loch Ness Monster, while Japan is home to the Kappa.
21. Scotland's national sport is football, while Japan's national sport is sumo wrestling.
22. The Scottish flag is blue, white and red, while Japan's flag is red and white.
23. Scotland is known for its haggis and Highland Games, while Japan is known for its sushi and cherry blossom festivals.
24. Scotland is known for its castles, while Japan is known for its stunning temples and shrines.
25. Scotland is home to the Prime Meridian, while Japan is home to the highest mountain peak in the world—Mount Fuji.
As you can see, there are many differences between Scotland and Japan. They both have their own unique cultures and traditions, which makes them both incredibly fascinating countries to explore.
Thank you for listening.