1. The Himalayas are home to many different species: snow leopards, yaks, and marmots, to name a few.
2. They span five countries: Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, India, and Pakistan.
3. They are home to the highest peaks in the world: Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, and Lhotse, to name a few.
4. The Himalayas are a popular trekking destination: thousands of people travel to the region each year to explore the ancient forests and snow-capped peaks.
5. They are known for their extremely cold temperatures: the winter temperatures in the Himalayas can reach -60 degrees Celsius.