Objective: At the end of the lesson, learners will be able to understand what hybrid learning is and the tools and methods it utilizes.
- Video projector
- Internet access
- Handouts of lesson slides
- Pre-selected videos or examples
1. Introduction (10 minutes):
- Introduce the concept of hybrid learning and provide a working definition: Hybrid learning is an educational approach in which physical and online learning environments are combined in order to create a personalized learning experience for a student.
- Show a short video or example of a hybrid learning environment in action.
- Ask the learners to provide their own definition of what hybrid learning is.
2. Overview of Tools and Methods (15 minutes):
- Discuss the main tools and methods used in hybrid learning, such as interactive videos, online assessments, collaborative projects, and flipped classrooms.
- Provide handouts of lesson slides with information on each tool and method.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each tool/method.
3. Engagement Activity (15 minutes):
- Divide the learners into small groups and assign each group a particular hybrid learning tool or method to research.
- Give the learners 20 minutes to research and then have each group present their findings to the class.
4. Review and Summation (5 minutes):
- Ask the learners to summarize what they have learned and provide their own reflections on hybrid learning.
- Answer any remaining questions.
5. Closure (5 minutes):
- Review the objectives and content of the lesson.
- Thank the learners for their participation.